Apostille Information in Austria
In Austria, the designated Competent Authorities to issue an apostille are:
- The Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration and Foreign Affairs with regard to all documents issued by:
– The Federal President or the Office of the Federal President,
– The President of the National Council, the President of the Federal Council or the Parliamentary Administrative Office,
– The federal government,
– A federal ministry,
– The Constitutional Court or the Administrative Court,
– The Supreme Court, the Supreme Cartel Court at the Supreme Court, the Supreme Restoration Commission at the Supreme Court, the Supreme Restitution Commission at the Supreme Court or
– The Court of Audit.
- The presidents of civil courts of
firstinstance, or their designated representatives for the issue of certificates (apostilles), with the exception of the Commercial Court in Vienna and the Juvenile Court in Vienna, with regard to all documents issued in the region served by the court in question by:
– A court other than those referred to in point 1 (e) and (f),
– A public prosecutor’s office,
– A notary,
– A chamber of notaries or a bar association, in so far as the chamber or association in question did so in the execution of official federal duties.
- With regard to all other documents:
– provincial governors, for documents issued in their province in the execution of official federal duties,
– provincial governments, for documents issued in their province in the execution of official federal duties.
The fees at the regional courts (judicial and notarial documents): € 13,70.
Fees at the Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration and Foreign Affairs: € 17,50.
Bundesministerium für Europa, Integration und Äußeres
A – 1014 Wien
+43 50 11 50-0
+43 50 11 59-0
Do you need help processing an apostille for a document issued in Austria?
Here you will find a list of recommended apostille service providers in Austria.
Apostille service provider 1
Apostille service provider 2