Apostille information in Colombia
Designated competent authority to issue an apostille in Colombia:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Legalization Area
How to apostille a documet in Colombia ?
You can do it online from your home, office or wherever you are.
Remember that you can perform the procedure yourself 24 hours a day (every day of the week), do not require intermediaries, or prior appointment, or go to the facilities of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
How to get an Apostille:
Follow these steps:
1. All documents must contain the handwritten and / or digital signature of a public servant in the exercise of their functions, imposed on the document. Signature that must be registered in the database of this Ministry, accompanied by the name and position held by him. Verify the requirements that the document must meet to post and / or legalize. The requirements vary according to the type of document.
Enter the requirements section of Apostille or Legalization at: www.cancilleria.gov.co/apostilla-legalizacion to see all the information.
2. Scan the document that has to be apostilled and / or legalized and make sure it is complete and legible on both sides, as the case may be. The document must be in PDF format and must not exceed 11 Megabytes in weight. Only one apostille and / or legalization is issued per document.
3. Load the PDF file in the application according to the type of document. Remember that you can find it at: www.cancilleria.gov.co/apostilla-legalizacion, by clicking on “Make your apostille or legalization from your home or office”. Remember that for each multiple request, you can only upload up to 10 documents, digitized in separate files. If you do not find the option you are looking for in the list of documents, choose “Other documents”.
4. Check in your email the result of the study of your document and verify that the data is correct. The result of the study can also be consulted in the application under the option ‘Consult your procedure’. Remember that the maximum response time is 3 business days.
5. After reviewing, pay the value corresponding to the process that takes place. After making the payment there will be no correction or refund. The number to pay is due on the same day. If you need to reliquidate it, enter the application and click on the option costs and payments.
6. Your Apostille and / or Legalization will be sent to your email address or can be consulted at the following link: https://tramites.cancilleria.gov.co/apostillalegalizacion/consulta/documento.aspx
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Coordination of Apostille and Legalizations
Avenida 19 No. 98-03 floors 5, 6, and 8
Edificio Torre 100
BOGOTA, DC, Colombia
+57 (1) 3814000 ext. 2093 and 2094
+57 (1) 381 4747
Do you need help processing an apostille for a document issued in Colombia?
Here you will find a list of recommended apostille service providers in Colombia.
Apostille service provider 1Service contact
Apostille service provider 2Service contact